Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Forum der Musik. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

LucretiaF6

Anfänger

• »LucretiaF6« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: high school

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 12. August 2018, 23:26

EDL: Tommy Robinson Quits

All through the brief, ignominious political profession of Tommy Robinson, very little has been simple or apparent. Whether or not using a made-up identify, getting deported from America for having a hooky passport, parading round conflict memorials in camouflage gear regardless of by no means having served within the navy, failing to get served in Selfridges or making a video begging supporters for cash whereas lurking around exterior the home of disgraced pop star Tulisa, the fixed impression has been of a man who was constantly on the verge of punching somebody, bursting into tears, yelling incoherently or presumably doing all three concurrently. Suffice to say, at any time when folks previously questioned the place the white British people’s personal Malcolm X was, they probably weren’t suspecting him to arrive within the form of a sunbed store owner from Luton in a Stone Island cardigan.

It says a lot about the general path of chaos and lunacy which has trailed Robinson — or to provide him his full title, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon — that after i first learn of his defection from the English Defence League this week, I originally assumed that the story was some sort of Onion-fashion spoof. Because relatively than do the traditional factor — publicly resign, quietly hand over the reins of power, and many others ­— Robinson had issued a kind of strange abdication, by way of the Quilliam Foundation, an organisation generally dedicated to rehabilitating radical ex-Muslims. ie: precisely the people that Robinson has been raging towards for the last four years. ‘I have been considering this move for a very long time because I recognise that, though road demonstrations have brought us up to now, they're not productive... I acknowledge the dangers of far-proper extremism and the ongoing need to counter Islamist ideology not with violence but with better, democratic concepts.’

On the one hand, Robinson’s move — and Quilliam’s overture to him that apparently led to his resignation — is to be applauded. In a movement which has hardly ever been marked by coherent thought, peaceful compromise or typically any course of action which didn’t find yourself with chairs getting thrown round, someone simply doing the peaceful thing is a welcome change. However, there was additionally much scepticism about his announcement — Mohamed Shafiq of Muslim youth organisation the Ramadan Foundation indicated that with out a full rejection of all his criticisms of Muslims, Robinson standing down was only a PR stunt.

Robinson definitely hasn’t exactly renounced his previous views — he complained that it was extremists throughout the EDL who have been promoting violence against his wishes, and ‘whilst I would like to steer the revolution in opposition to Islamist ideology, I don't want to steer the revolution in opposition to Muslims. I believe that the revolution needs to come from inside the Islamic group and so they need to face up. And i consider it is a step ahead not a step again.’ Extremism skilled Professor Matthew Goodwin said that ‘I would treat the announcement with excessive caution.’

What now for Robinson? And his former disciples?

For the organisation in its present type, this is prone to be a huge blow — your complete EDL has been built round Robinson’s forceful personality and little formal command construction appears to be in place that will permit someone else to take over the place he leaves off. But it’s unsurprising — extremist political groups on each the suitable and left seem hard wired to fracture and splinter into ever smaller and extra antagonistic events (this list alone reveals just how many far-proper teams the UK has sustained, despite having no serious far-right movement to talk of). There are already hints that Robinson may be about to launch a new organisation not based around avenue demonstrations.

Nonetheless, none of this addresses the true problem of the people who adopted the EDL. As I’ve beforehand written about here, the group only became a problem as a result of there are a sizeable variety of white, predominantly working class folks in this nation who’ve been screwed over socially, omitted through the country’s increase years and blamed through the lean instances. Islam could be nothing to do with any of this, but it surely doesn’t alter the fact that these people’s issues are very actual and rarely engaged with by mainstream politicians — meaning that someone like Robinson discovered an audience as a result of he no less than seemed sympathetic to them.

All the research on people following the EDL exhibits that for the most half they're socio-economically dispossessed, deeply pessimistic about the long run, and vastly distrustful of their fellow citizens. Being out of the blue abandoned by the one one that seemed to talk for them is more likely to have simply bolstered these feelings. And probably make them much more inclined to the next aspirant leader who comes alongside making an attempt to appeal to them. As miserable because the thought is, after we see who this is, we'd nearly really feel nostalgic for someone like Robinson who no less than had the great sense to pay lip service to obeying the regulation while spouting his inflammatory rhetoric. Because until mainstream politicians converse honestly concerning the people at the underside of the social pile — and take some responsibility for how they acquired there — there are going to be an awful lot of offended folks prepared to offer the subsequent Tommy Robinson a hearing.

Also visit my weblog: Stone Island Polo Shirt - similar webpage,

Counter:

Hits heute: 788 | Hits gestern: 21 014 | Hits Tagesrekord: 48 538 | Hits gesamt: 15 635 078
Thema bewerten